B.A. Steinhagen Lake is a popular Texas State Fishing spot suitable for activities such as boating, canoeing, camping, kayaking, fishing, picnicking, swimming and much more. B.A. Steinhagen Lake is located on the Neches River 14 miles west of Jasper on US 190. B.A. Steinhagen Lake is located in Tyler County, Texas. B.A. Steinhagen Lake has the GPS coordinates: 30.842405, -94.188881. In addition to B.A. Steinhagen Lake’s amazing beauty and natural history, B.A. Steinhagen Lake is an ideal getaway for families who enjoy the great outdoors in Texas.
The lake has a drainage area of 7,573 square miles. Its paved earthfill dam has a spillway crest elevation of eighty-five feet above mean sea level. Construction on the dam by Reynolds, William, and Noonan Construction Company started in March 1947. The dam is owned by the United States government and is operated by the United States Army Corps of Engineers. The lake, which is eight miles long and four miles wide, is crossed near its midpoint by U.S. Highway 190. Martin Dies, Jr., State Park and Sandy Creek Park are on its banks.
Before visiting B.A. Steinhagen Lake you should contact the local agency for more information. The Direction to B.A. Steinhagen Lake and weather information can be found by clicking on the Driving Direction link and Weather link in the article. Visitors who have visited B.A. Steinhagen Lake are encouraged to post reviews of the B.A. Steinhagen Lake and images they want to share with others.
Parks Close to B.A. Steinhagen Lake:
- State Park, Walnut Ridge Unit 12, - Tyler County, Texas - miles west of Jasper off US 190
- State Park, Tidelands Ramp, - Tyler County, Texas - 12 miles west of Jasper off US 190
- State Park, Hen House Unit, - Tyler County, Texas - Located 11 miles west of Jasper off US 190. Turn south on Park Road 48 (1.75 miles east of 190 girded bridge).
- Sandy Creek Park, - Tyler County, Texas - Located 10.3 miles west of Jasper off US 190. Turn south on County Road 156 (2.5 miles east of girded bridge) and travel 1.4 miles to hard-topped road. Turn west and go 0.6 miles to park.
- Campers Cove Park, - Tyler County, Texas - Located off FM 92, 2 miles south of US 190/FM 92 junction
- State Park, Cherokee Unit, - Tyler County, Texas - Located 14 miles west of Jasper at west end of US 190 bridge
- Magnolia Ridge Park, - Tyler County, Texas - Located 2 miles north of US 190/FM 92 junction
Things To Do:
- Boat ramps
- Picnic tables
- Largemouth bass
- Spotted bass
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
Phone number information:
How to get B.A. Steinhagen Lake:
On the Neches River 14 miles west of Jasper on US 190
Click Here for Driving Direction to B.A. Steinhagen Lake.
Click Here for B.A. Steinhagen Lake Weather Forecast.